Temple in the background

Monday, October 31, 2011

Where did my baby go?

Well, we did it. We signed Caden up for Preschool. It is extremely expensive and as we drove him to school this morning I had my doubts, but I think we made the right decision. He has a wonderful teacher and even though the instruction is mostly in English, I think this is the only way he will learn Spanish.
I don't know if it is the uniform, but he looks so old to me. He was so brave. On the way to school we told him the word for bathroom and I explained to him that he would need to raise his hand and tell his teacher if he needed to go. When it was finally time for us to part he turned and cuddled up with me and said, "What is the word for bathroom again?" Sweetest parting words ever.
Connor was pretty sad to see him go. Ok, he was probably just really tired because we had to wake him up early. We went home and played together and then Connor took a great nap so Mom could exercise. This might just work out perfectly!

UPDATE: Day two of preschool Caden screamed and cried. I also cried as I drove home after abandoning my poor child. Why is motherhood such an emotional, guilt-ridden roller coaster? I am now afraid that I ruined him forever and Tom and I just lost a thousand bucks.

5 comments:

Audrey said...

Yay!! He does look so grown up! That will be fun for you to have some one on one time with Connor.

Rachel said...

This was the cutest story, until you posted the last part, sad...

Trish Hull said...

Don't worry he will be fine. In a few days he will love it. He just realized he lost some freedom... like we all do:)

Allison said...

This reminds me of Becky when they were in London for 6 months, she really wanted her girls to pick up British accents at school. Pretty sure that didn't happen, I think Caden has a much greater chance of learning Spanish :) I'm glad you decided to do preschool!(especially for your sake!)

Allison said...

Yikes, I'm retarded, I didn't see that last part when I left my last comment! He will adjust, kids are good at that! Don't feel guilty for giving him an experience that will expand his horizons!