
This picture has nothing to do with the title of my post, but I love this picture of Connor. I love it when I manage to capture a look or a face that my kids make frequently. This is a classic Connor face and it makes me smile every time.

My sweet husband has put up with a lot lately. More than a few times this past week I have asked him (while sobbing) to take me home. He lovingly replies that if that is what I really want we can make it work. He is also very patient with my precious three-year-old. I brought a very small, wooden cement truck for them to put together. Lets just say small wooden parts, detailed instructions and an impatient three-year-old do not always make the most pleasant family home evening. Props to Tom for never getting frustrated.

I love Tom for many reasons but here is an example of one of them. While we are very happy with our current living conditions there are a few downsides. Apparently dishwashers are not common here, so we will be enjoying the privilege of washing our dishes by hand (or purchasing large amounts of paper products) for the next year. Tom has been so nice to do the dishes often, but this just made me laugh. He managed to fit more dishes into that little thing (I don't even know what they are called-this is SO two decades ago!) than I think I could fit into a dishwasher. Thanks Tom! The adventure for you might just be putting up with an emotional wife...and keeping the dishes clean (of course).
7 comments:
Love your blogs, first thing I look for every morning, Is it okay if I love your husband too, he is really great, you're lucky to have him, and he's lucky to have you. I'm sure things will get better now that you're in your house. Just keep thinking of how loving the Hondurans are. Those were darling pictures of the boys. Love Gram Cam.
I don't know why I'm unknown, bu whatever. gram cam
Lisa, You got the best when you got Tom!
Ditto, baby girl, but Tom got the best when he got you too. Hang in there. It's not easy to raise little boys anywhere but in a new country with a strange language and customs it can be overwhelming. I remember being in France for a few days and feeling very lost and unsure.I can't imagine living somewhere and having to adjust. I have complete cconfidence in you and that in a few more weeks you will be more adjusted to your new "normal". Love all you guys can't wait for December 17th.
Doesn't your maid wash the dishes;) I never responded to your post on Facebook about preschool for Caden, but I say go for it. It would be fun for him and give you a little break. When is the best time of the day for you to chat via skype? We need to set up a regular time or something.
This is the only way I have to contact you, since I don't do facebook. I think preschool would be great for Caden and you, I'm sure Caden is getting cabin fever too. It would be great for you to have a little break, and 1 on 1 time with Connor, plus it would be a good way to get to meet other moms. Go for it. Love you all bunches, keep the blogs coming. Gram Cam
I am the worst friend. I have been thinking about you a ton, I was going to call you before you left, then you posted that picture of the pool and I thought you were there, but it turns out you weren't and I still could have called, but anyway. It's all history. Hope you're hanging in there okay... people in Texas seem to think this is a different country, but I'm sure it's nothing like moving to a REAL foreign country. I'm glad you're blogging and you inspired me to do it too! http://nateandallisonbowen.blogspot.com
Post a Comment