Temple in the background

Monday, October 10, 2011

Things that I love about Honduras (so far)

1-Maids.
2-Normal sized mannequins (we're talking size 8!)
3-Produce. I don't know why it tastes better, but all of the fruit tastes fresher
and sweeter.
4-Maids.
5-Members of the Church. I lived in a pretty amazing ward in Utah, but I have
never felt as welcomed and loved as I did yesterday. I could not
communicate very well with them but they still found a way to make me feel
completely comfortable.
6-Kindness of strangers. We were at the mall playing in a little play area and there were several kids with balloons. Connor loves balloons and with great persistence tried to obtain one of these balloons. Of course I stopped him every time. As one little girl was leaving her mom made her give Connor her balloon. I reluctantly accepted and that poor girl cried as her mom pulled her away. I felt horrible, but I wondered if I am doing enough to teach my children to be kind and giving.
7- Have I mentioned the amazing maids? Tom and I have not decided if we are going to have a maid when we move to the house (we totally will, I just need to convince him) but the sweet maids at this apartment make my day. It may just be that I am desperate for adult conversation but I really enjoy speaking in broken Spanish to these kind women.

3 comments:

Trish Hull said...

It sounds like they are a great people and you are teaching your kids that as well. Maids.....aahh I miss mine :)

Eric said...

Thanks for posting Lisa! Would you tell Tom to post his experiences too. Thanks, Eric

Rachel said...

I love hearing all the stories, its funny to think about you guys down there going to the mall and parks and stuff, I want to see what its all like. I wish so bad we could figure out a way to come down there while you are there... doesn't seem likely.