Temple in the background

Monday, October 17, 2011

Every Suitcase Unpacked

I never thought I would be so happy to see furniture. It turns out that it is pretty nice furniture as well. This is a view of the dining room. I really love this big table.
This is our kitchen. We have a lot of space but not a lot of storage. The storage that we do have is close to the ground. Anyone with a 15 month old knows why this is problematic.
Random picture. This is at the little playground at the mall. Caden loves to jump from high places. I feel like we have a broken limb in our future. (It might be Connor's because he often times is not careful about what he jumps on)
I had to include this picture. I love Connor's little face. It looks like pure joy. (Perhaps it is the look of liberation from a tiny apartment...yes, I have also probably made that face a few times this week) Seriously, he is so cute. He does this often and screams really loud (I have a feeling that our new neighbors are already annoyed). Our neighbors are actually Americans. I wanted to run out and hug them when I heard them speaking English.
This is our formal living room/put random stuff that has yet to find a place in the house room. The stove that came with our furniture was a gas stove and the house is hooked up for electric so we had to buy a new one. We bought it, hauled it all the way home through traffic, just to realize that it did not come with the cord to plug it in. Tom knew how desperate I was to finally be able to cook food for our family so he went all the way back and finally found one (it only took two hours). On the way back from the mall (the first time) we were stopped by the police for the second time since we have been here. I feel like we are being racially profiled and it feels very uncomfortable to be on this side of it. Luckily both times they were very nice but it still stresses me out.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Glad for the blog post. Sounds like you have the same humor you left with ! All unpacked...wow. Looks nicer than apts in SLC and with a MAID !! Amelia sits at the computer and knows you guys are there....tending Tuesday night...watch for us if you can :)
Be safe xo Susan

Kandace said...

Lisa, I to love the picture of Connor at the mall. Oh how I wish I could give them a big hug! You look very organized in your new home. It looks nice Have a great day and please give the kids and Tom a hug from Grandma Kandy Love you all

Trish Hull said...

So glad you're finally settled. It looks great. The pictures of the boys are so cute. Glad you have some English speaking neighbors. It's wonderful that the Hondurans are so loving and warm. Hugs and kisses for everyone Keep the blogs coming. I love them. Gram Cam

Trish Hull said...

Home sweet home. It looks great. The views look spectacular. take lots of pics and post them. Give big hugs to the boys for me. We love and miss you., Thank Goodness for Skype. What would we have done 10 years ago????
I am thinking 16 empty suitcases would be major fun for the boys to play with:)