Temple in the background

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween in Honduras


I have a confession. Tom and I are not big fans of Halloween. We have never dressed up and usually just balk at the cost of adult costumes. (Tom is worse than I am. I would probably fold to peer pressure but he will not) Of course we want our children to enjoy Halloween but I am pretty sure Tom was pretty excited to skip it this year. Well, the Saturday before Halloween we got home late in the afternoon and there was a note on our door from our compound saying they would be trick-or-treating. I was excited because I want our kids to have fun. Tom...not so much. I begged him to drive us all the way back to Walmart (we had just come from there and traffic was really bad) to buy costumes. Luckily his heart softened and we went back. Caden has been really into knights lately (Tom tells him a story every night about a boy named Caden going on a quest) and they actually had a knight costume. Connor's options were limited-princess or dragon.

Maybe I should be more specific. A dragon in a track suit. Caden constantly asked if he could fight Connor because he was a dragon. Ah boys...
Connor only lasted for two houses. Caden and Tom went to the rest of the houses. Not everybody in the neighborhood participated but it was fun to have that American tradition anyway. Apparently everyone was very liberal with the candy.
Happy Halloween from the Heaths! Do you love our blank white walls? They are everywhere.
Connor loves to wave at people (especially the guards) and say 'hola'-it is adorable.

2 comments:

Randi said...

How cute! I love the "hola" comment. And I'm glad your kids got to celebrate Halloween. Kids need that! :)

The Buttars Family said...

Cute! I was actually just thinking of you a couple of days ago and was wondering if you would be doing any Halloween celebrations. Glad to see you could!