Temple in the background

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Chiminike

We were planning to go to the Valle de Angeles (Valley of Angels) last weekend but we planned poorly and did not end up having enough time. Luckily, plan B was the Chiminike Children's Museum. It turns out it is really close to our house and our kids had a lot of fun. It is a lot like Discovery Gateway but without the millions of children that always seem to be there. Caden has been very imaginative lately. Every night Tom and I have to tell him a story and he loves stories that involve knights and magical places. He was pretty excited to take a picture as a knight in shining armor.
This was the water area. Tom was having more fun than the kids. He can't wait until our kids are older and can actually understand all of the scientific stuff he tries to explain to them. (He always gets frustrated when I make up scientific answers just to appease/quiet Caden...let's just say I never got a solid foundation in Science)
Connor mostly gets into mischief. His favorite part was running up and down the hallways between exhibits. Honduran women love Connor. They always touch his hair and play with him. I am afraid that he is going to start thinking his name is Lindo. Every single person here says "Que lindo!" to him. I think it means 'how pretty!'
We got to eat lunch in a train car. We are waving from the window.
Caden always sticks out his tongue when he is focusing. He and his dad had a lot of fun at this museum. Until he encountered a giant nose that sneezed right as he was passing by. He calls it an elephant and will be forever terrified of it. I guess we won't be going in to the cuerpo room anytime soon. We will, however, definitely be going back to this museum. It was a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun, I'm glad you found such a great place for the kids and Tom. Winter is starting to come here. It was 69 yesterday, 53 today, and 48 tomorrow. Then it's supposed to get back up into the 60's. How about those cougars Saturday. i think Perry's anti-Mormonism is backfiring. There have been a lot of good columns pointing out the good in the church in nat'l papers. Take care. Love to all Gram Cam.

Rachel said...

I love all the pictures, Connor is getting so big!!!

Jana said...

That's nice that you have been able to find some fun things to do!! Hang in there, you guys are amazing!!