Temple in the background

Saturday, November 5, 2011

The reason we came...

I was pretty excited to see the Angel Moroni go up on the temple. At first Tom was not sure that we could be on site, but they broke the rules and let us in. We were able to watch from the balcony of the President's apartment which is probably 150 feet from the temple. (I was going to use the phrase "a stones throw" but I didn't want anyone to visualize me throwing rocks at the temple)
There was so much excitement when we got there. Members were lining up on hills nearby and all along the road. The workers were all taking pictures with the Angel Moroni (even though most of them are not members) but as soon as they started lifting it everything got quiet (except for my toddlers of course!). It was amazing that everyone stopped working and appreciated the solemnity of that moment. I wanted to break out into 'The Spirit of God' but I knew Tom would never take me on site again if I did.
This is from the parking lot by Tom's office. We had to walk down that little road. It was such a beautiful day for such a beautiful experience.
Caden watched it pretty intently. Tom, of course, was entranced. Connor...well, luckily there was a big puddle of water so he kept himself entertained. I snapped a million pictures. It was really cool to see it so close and to feel how important this moment was to so many people.
I seriously hope that hard hats and orange vests never become the style because I look horrible in them. Just focus on the beautiful temple behind me (Or the crane if that suits your fancy). It was an amazing experience and it helped remind us why we came on this little adventure in the first place.

4 comments:

Allison said...

That must've been an awesome experience, especially for your boys - I bet Caden remembers this for a long time (and Tom :). I am a little jealous you got an up close picture with the Angel Moroni!

Trish Hull said...

Beautiful pictures and what an experience. Sometimes I think amidst all the stress and turmoil we all forget "why we came here" . Nice reminder. I love the hard hats and Angel Moroni. It reminds me that we need to "work" if we want to get to stand by Moroni someday. Much better imagery than flowing white robes and floating. That makes it look easy. I love that you get this great experience. Even though I miss you like crazy.

Audrey said...

Lisa I am a huge fan of orange vests! The pictures are awesome, and seriously I know I have said this and you don't ever believe me, but you are seriously hilarious. You really are great at words!

Audrey said...

I meant with words...not at words. Oh and next year I vote for princess;)