This past week has been really hard. We were all hit by a little cold. When I am sick I instinctively want my mom. It is hard to be the mom when everyone is sick. When I was finally feeling better I decided to listen to some Christmas music. Bad idea. When "I'll Be Home for Christmas" started playing I literally cried. Those words have never meant so much to me. Yes, even "please have snow and mistletoe' made me wish it was snowing outside. I cannot wait to be home for Christmas!
Tomorrow is my mom's birthday. I am a little sad that I won't be there to take her to lunch and give her a hug. I often times feel like I am not a very good mother and am amazed that my mom was somehow able to be a spectacular mother to SIX children. She was so intuitive and able to spread herself in so many ways. I feel like it is hard to give your mom a gift when she has given you so much throughout your life. Nothing seems to be adequate.
Mom, I hope you know I love you. I think I miss you more than anyone else. You have been my greatest friend, cheerleader, confidant and advisor. Thank you for everything you have done. I hope you have a rockin' good time in Boston this week; you deserve it. Happy Birthday!
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Lisa, What nice a nice tribute to your Mom. Thats all a Mom needs to hear to make everything they ever did for you so worth it. Thats the best gift she could ever recieve. I hope you are not too homesick. the 2 weeks you will be home will help sustain you for the rest of the time you are away. ( at least it will help)
p.s. the next time you hear that song I'll be home for Christmas, just remember you will be Yeah! Love all you loved ones in Hondorus
Hi sweetie, you made me start to cry in the clubhouse here at Cape Cod. I miss you so much too. Internet has been spotty so we haven't been on much. I am so sorry you have been sick It's hard for Mom's not to be there too. Thanks for the sweet tribute. You are an amazing Mom and have given me the best gift of all appreciation and 2 amazing little boys. I can't wait to give you big hugs in person. But I am having a great birthday trip, I wish I could come down their for a visit. I haven't given up completely on the ideaa. Talk to you soon Love you tons and tons and millions.
Post a Comment