I am turning into my Dad. Not literally, but anyone who knows my dad knows that he loves to make charts. I made a behavior/"bravery at school" chart for Caden. His first reward was a trip to the zoo and he achieved it quickly. Tom has gotten pretty good at navigating the city so we thought we would be able to find it. We were wrong, so very wrong. After a very frustrating hour we finally paid a taxi to show us the way. Best 5 dollars ever spent to save a marriage.

Caden was terrified of the picture of a jaguar. It cost a little over a dollar to get us all into the zoo. They definitely operate this zoo on less money than good old Hogle but I actually like the ambiance of this zoo better. It seems more natural and you get a much better view of the animals.

They had a fun little playground for the kids. If you are wondering what kind of parents take their child to a zoo without shoes...the answer is Tom. He hasn't quite adapted to the reality that Connor needs to wear shoes now. Luckily we have a multitude of dirty socks now.

The monkeys were especially entertaining. There was even one monkey not in the cage. We didn't know what to do but he seemed friendly enough.

This is Connor's favorite way to travel. Thanks to their fun-loving Dad our children will never have problems with roller coasters. There was a really cool park next to the zoo. It was very similar to Millcreek Canyon. Except this park had a huge statue of Christ.

If you ever come to Tegucigalpa and want to see this statue, just look for the huge Coca-Cola sign on the mountain (similar to the famous Hollywood sign). The two things that Hondurans seem to love (in my opinion, at least) are Christ and Coke . There are signs and bumper stickers everywhere that say 'Christ gave his life for you' and it would be difficult to count the number of people I see carrying a two liter of Coke in a day. This sounds oddly similar to Mormon culture, except its diet coke of course.
3 comments:
Thanks Lisa for the new blog. Us grandmas crave pictures of our grandkids, so thankyou. It looks like you had fun at the zoo. The boys are getting so big. I'm glad Caden is doing so well at school.We miss you, and are counting down the days when we will see you all here at home Love Kandace(grandma Kandy)
2 things:
1. I am the new primary chorister and wish I had your brain because you do cool things like make charts, and you always came up with games for your students, and I could really use that skill right now.
2. Driving arguments are our worst ones, so I'm sure my marriage would not survive one trip to the grocery store in Honduras. Glad you and Tom are making it work so far. And I'm so proud that you are going out on all these excursions and exploring!
Those little monkeys are so cute....the ones in the zoo too. :) Unless Caden & Connor have stopped climbing???
Love you guys, see you really soon-1 month from tomorrow.
Post a Comment