Temple in the background

Monday, March 5, 2012

Update for the Grandmas

Lego boxes have many purposes when you are 20 months old. Now if only we could convince him that one of those purposes is to actually contain the Legos. If he is not dumping out every container of toys in our house he is definitely running away from his parents. This game of chase is especially endearing when I am wearing high heels and we are in the very dangerous neighborhood that surrounds our church. I hope I am not the only mother that is unable to resist taking the arms length photo whenever her child is cuddling and the camera is within reach. These photos are rarely flattering but I love Connor's face in this one. Connor turned 20 months last week and I nearly cried. He looks so old now and is growing very fast.
Caden had to make a model of a building in the community. You will never guess who came up with the idea to make a temple. He was very excited to take it to school. Last night Caden and I were talking about school and he said, "Mom, I like to hold Ms. Daisy's hand." My reply, "Oh brother." Speaking of Ms. Daisy, yesterday Caden was getting frustrated with me and he shook his head and said, "Oh my God, Oh my God!" Tom and I both got that stunned look in our eyes. Apparently this is common phrase at school. Maybe we will homeschool after all. (totally kidding)
Caden loves to be silly and will do just about anything to make people laugh. He is going to turn 4 next week! He is learning so much Spanish, I am constantly amazed. He loves to color, trace and draw pictures. He will literally spend 2 or 3 hours drawing, coloring and writing.

These are the flowers we ended up making for New Beginnings. My girls came up with a combination of two of the kinds I showed them. Ah man, I just realized how horribly boring this post is but I just wasted 20 minutes writing it so I'm publishing it anyway.

3 comments:

Trish Hull said...

It is soooo not boring. I laughed and cried. I love the pictures, and if it is just an update for the grandmas it is still worth every second of those 20 minutes. They are adorable and amzing boys. Give them huge squeezy hugs from me and grandpa Dave.
PS we have NEVER had our babies pop up with swear words and wonder where they came from. ;) ;)
At least they didn't do it front of the granparents or Bishop. Or in sacrament meeting.The funny part is then explaining the words they shouldn't say....
The joys of parenting.

Hayley said...

I agree with Your Mom Lisa, nothing you write about when it is about those two special boys could ever be boring. You could take a picture of them sleeping and we would be excited to see them. Caden is a little clone of his Daddy. Silly faces and all. I wish your Mom and I could surprise Caden for his b-day, but we will be their in spirit. That phrase Caden popped out reminds me of Tom at that age,when he learned some new words from the Goonies. It does shock you when they blurt them out. Also the flowers looked so fun. Good job! Keep blogging Lisa, we look forward to them. I don't know what we would do without skype and your entries. love you and the rest of your family, Kandace

Rachel said...

Um you look really good in the photo, also I can't believe how much they both have changed, especially Connor! He seriously looks so grown up!
Iso a few months ago when Caden would say "dessert" but really it sounded like something else we were all laughing hysterically and telling him to do it again and again, and now OMG you are stunned! Hahaha I'm sure it was cute coming out of his little voice!