Temple in the background

Monday, March 26, 2012

Adventures in dogsitting and more

Meet Ginger. Tom volunteered our family to take care of her for a few days. (funny how Tom goes to work all day and really I am the one who has to watch the dog) Luckily, Ginger turned out to be a very good dog and I was tempted to return one of my children in her place (totally kidding mom).
Caden loved chasing after Ginger's ball with her. This entertained him for hours. I don't think she was AS fond of the game, but she endured nonetheless.
Ginger became Connor's preferred race track. She had cars going up and down her back almost continuously. I think she was very happy when he took his naps. We enjoyed our time with Ginger and a certain 4 year old continues to pray for her every night, but she taught us that we are not ready for any additions to our family.
I have a hard time imagining that this is the most comfortable place in our house to sleep but maybe the cold tile felt good now that it is heating up. Don't worry, we did not leave him there all night...there is nothing worse than tile face in the morning.
As we were walking into the childrens museum the other day Tom noticed something very inappropriate on this cow. I am not going to tell you what it is, but feel free to see if you can find it as well.

Finally, last Saturday we went to a primary activity. Caden had a lot of fun and the wonderful primary presidency here did an amazing job. However, I did find it a tad amusing that whenever there was time between activities instead of playing 'Popcorn Popping' they played 'Party Rock Anthem' by LMFAO. Then they even had the boys dance to it as part of the program. Now these children were adorable and awesome little dancers (I am very sad that I forgot my camera) but I thought it was a little unusual for a primary activity.

One last little story: Two weeks ago we had a Regional Conference that was broadcast from Salt Lake City. I don't know if this happened with all of the songs because I spent most of the time in the hallway with Connor but one of the hymns was simply too slow for the people in this stake. So they would sing a line at a tempo that they preferred and then just wait until the piano caught up. I found it so amusing that they refused to adapt to the tempo and it reminded me that sometimes we need to sing our hymns a bit faster.

Good news: we have trips planned for the next two weekends so hopefully I will have more interesting blog material in the coming weeks.

6 comments:

Kandace said...

Lisa, You could just blog reading the phone book and I would love it. Thanks for the updates, on you life in Hondorus. We love the pictures too! I am so glad that you are going to take a few excursions while you are down there. Can't wait to hear all about it. Please give everyone a hug and kiss from us here at home. We love you all so much and can't wait till you are home....

Trish Hull said...

LOL what a great post, yes tile face is a pain.. that sweet dog letting herself be a race track. ANd oh my is an anatomy lesson in order??? Hopefully none of the boys noticed. "We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto"

I had a friend in Africa tell me that the people always sang the hymns to a different tune and when they were getting ready for the Ghana temple dedication the hardest thing was getting the choir to sing the songs the same way every time.

Hope you have fun on your trips.The boys are adorable. Love and miss you oodles.

Kandace said...

p.s. the cows graphics weren't hard to miss.

Audrey said...

Bwahaha...LMAFO at a primary party, that is hilarious! I am totally going to suggest that to our primary president.

Allison said...

I didn't know they had cute dogs in Honduras! Are there a lot of strays there too? With ticks and fleas and diseases?
And I love the primary party story, that is classic. And now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head, thank you very much.

Rachel said...

That dog looks like Buffy! I would be more willing to go to a primary activity if they were playing lmfao hahaha