First we went swimming but the water was very cold so Connor spent most of his time walking around on the deck (which means that Mom spent most of her time following him). It was a lot of fun and Tom almost convinced Caden to jump off the diving board. Then we had a delicious barbeque. I have been a little afraid to try authentic Honduran food because I tend to be a picky eater but I have really enjoyed everything that I have tried. They barbequed beef, pork, and chorizo and then served it with tortillas, cream cheese, and several types of sauce.
This is Caden and Elisa. Caden is finally warming up to girls (for a long time he refused to have anything to do with them). They are very close in age and I secretly hope Caden serves his mission here and they see each other again and after he serves an honorable mission they fall in love....this is starting to sound like a cheesy Mormon movie. I think it would be fun for them to be pen pals, wait its probably skype pals now, and keep in touch over the years.
This is Hector, Elisa's older brother. Caden has a lot of fun playing with Hector and he is such a good example. He gives Tom and I hope that little boys do eventually calm down and start obeying.
Tom is so young at heart. He wanted to climb the replicas of Mayan ruins with the kids (or he was just following Connor). They had a lot of these replicas and it REALLY made me want to visit Copan (Tom, this is a hint. Although I don't even know if you read my blog).
As we were driving to and from this country club we saw one of the poorest areas I have ever seen. Every time I think the poverty here can't be any worse I see something that literally makes my heart ache. As we were driving through this area we drove over some glass. It was probably 5 miles away from our house. When we pulled into our driveway our tire completely deflated. There might be some logical or scientific explanation as to why our tire did not deflate sooner but I feel like we were being watched over.
We also feel like Heavenly Father has blessed us with some extraordinary friends. I do not know what I would do without Nadia. We had such a fun day with the Flores family!
4 comments:
Hi, It is so fun to share your outings with you, even if it is only through skype. What a wonderful day you had. You are making some great memories in Hondorus. You are so blessed. I am greatful that you made it home before getting the flat tire. You are rightLisa, you are being watched over. We are all so blessed to have all that we have here at home. We love your blogs, it makes feel like we are almost there with you. Love you all zlove zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzfrom home
Wow, I would say the flat tire thing was definitely a little tender mercy. Holy cow. What a fun day!
What a great outing. I think "following" the kids is a great excuse to have fun with your own inner child. Sometimes we think we have to be grownups all the time. The pictures looked so beautiful and the boys are adorable. Don't pin your hopes on Caden and Elisa. If life worked that way you would be married to a Shields boy. :) Patty and I had it all worked out. I think the Lord has a tire support staff in heaven that has been protecting a lot of us over the years. Unfortunately if it is not a dangerous situation he lets us change our own. I think I am at 27 and counting.
Love you guys oodles. If flights get down to $300 or so you may see me. Maybe $400????
LISSSAAAAAA, I need to talk to you! I am off facebook...(you know my annual sabbatical) so I can't message you... when can we skype..soon? Love the pics, miss you!
Post a Comment