Temple in the background

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Birthday part 2

No birthday would be complete without a party. We invited some friends from our ward over for pizza. We wanted to go swimming but we ran out of time.
This was Connor's turn with the pinata. He would get too distracted by everybody counting and would barely tap the pinata. It proved to be a pretty tough pinata to break.
Caden was SO excited for the pinata. He had gone to a birthday party a few days earlier and the pinata broke right before his turn.
All of the kids with their candy. I think I am going to incorporate the pinata into all future birthdays, it was a lot of fun.
I think the only success I can claim as a mother is that my 4 year old chose a birthday cake that was covered with fruit. It wasn't healthy by any means, but I still consider it a huge success.
Finally, the highlight of the day was talking to his grandmas and cousins on Skype. How did we ever survive without this marvel of modern technology?

2 comments:

Trish Hull said...

Hi guys it was the highlight of my day too. Pinatas sound like a great family tradition. I can't wait to be there for the next one. Love you guys lots and lots

Allison said...

That soccer pinata is awesome! As is the cake. At first I was uber impressed that you made it, but since you said he chose it I'm guessing not. Still impressive that you raised a child that likes fruit. Well done.