Temple in the background

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The most valuable food item...

A few months ago I was perusing my local Honduran Wal-mart when something rather unusual caught my eye.  I was on the food isle and I discovered that one of the food items here is tagged with those theft detection devices that are typically on clothes and other expensive items.  It literally caused me to laugh aloud.  Not only was it very unusual to see these devices on food, but in this case it was the particular food that amused me.  So what food item is apparently so precious and desirable that it is stolen on a frequent enough basis that Walmart has decided to protect its asset?  Scroll down to find out....


























It should also be noted that I have not seen these devices on any other item. 

6 comments:

Randi said...

LOL! Ok, now that's funny!

Kandace said...

I know that I am tempted to steal a can of spam whenever I go to Walmart. I am glad they are making it harder to resist the temptation. Love love love to wake up to one of your great blogs Lisa. Start that book, with all your free time haha I can not wait until we are all together again. It will be a wonderful day of tears of joy and laughter. love you all and thanks for all your support. You guys are the best !!!!

Candice J said...

That is hilarious!!!

Audrey said...

Seriously?! That's the funniest thing I have heard all day.

Allison said...

So funny! I watched Jay Leno's headlines while I was reading this, and he showed a menu that offered Spam, "in season"

Amy Edwards said...

That's just wrong.