Temple in the background

Friday, May 18, 2012

Trip to Copan-Day One

 When we went to Tela a few weeks ago, Tom inadvertently forgot to put shoes on Connor.  We had to stop by a street vendor and buy the closest shoes to his size.  Now I am a firm believer in progression, we are not all perfect, but when I got in the car and saw that Connor was only wearing one shoe the only thought that came to my mind was 'Really!?'  Tom's response, 'At least I got one this time.'

 You have to love the happy faces at the beginning of a trip.  We will see how the next 6 to 8 hours pan out.  We were told that this was a six hour drive, but traveling in Honduras is never easy.  I never thought I would say this but I cannot wait to be amongst Utah drivers again with a solid infrastructure.  We arrived at our hotel nine ours later (of course, we had to stop to buy shoes).
 Connor was very fond of his reflection in the mirror.  Such a handsome boy!
We were starving.  Luckily our hotel had a delicious restaurant.  It was also very convenient that we were the only customers in the restaurant because after 9 hours in a car these boys were not well behaved.
 
I took a lot of pictures of the drive because it was so beautiful.  Unfortunately to capture the beauty I think you need a nicer camera and to not be in a moving vehicle.  Day two will be more interesting, I promise!

2 comments:

Trish Hull said...

so cool and amazing. Great pictures. Hardly anyone around how great is that. I wonder if Caden will remember any of this when he is older?? What a great thing to share thanks.Love you world travelers.

Rachel said...

You both look great! So glad you told me about the mayan calendar too!!did she happen to mention when the next cycle ends?? Haha