Temple in the background

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Homesickness


A few weeks ago we were given visiting teaching assignments. I visit two women and they also are my visiting teachers. Well, I have been pretty sick for the past week and on Sunday they brought me a very nice card. Tom's favorite part was the picture of a princess that someone drew. It definitely made me feel like royalty.

I don't know why this picture turned but they also included princess stickers. They both have daughters so it makes sense. I really thought it was so kind and thoughtful but we did find the decorations entertaining as well.Tom took the boys swimming and I had to take a picture because I know that at some point in my future I am going to spend a lot of time and energy convincing my children that they do need to wear matching clothes. Dad, however, is not the best example...

Two final stories. Yesterday we were dropping Caden off at school. I was trying to get around another car but there wasn't enough room. I looked behind me to the left and didn't see anyone. I reversed and hit someone. They were right behind me on the right. It was so frustrating and embarrassing. It caused a bit of a meltdown, but all is better today. Let's hope they don't try to take us for all that we're worth (luckily it is not very much).

Story number 2. A few minutes ago the boys and I were all in the kitchen when Caden kneeled down and started saying a prayer. He asked Heavenly Father to take him out of Honduras and let him see his Grandmas again. It was pretty sweet. I think we are all feeling a little homesick this week.

4 comments:

Kandace said...

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes after reading about Cadens prayer. Oh how I miss you all. Please tell Caden and Connor we love and miss them so much!!!!! We love you and Tom too,of coarse.... Thanks for blogging Lisa. I need it more than you know. Love from home. Take care of each other

Kandace said...

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes after reading about Cadens prayer. Oh how I miss you all. Please tell Caden and Connor we love and miss them so much!!!!! We love you and Tom too,of coarse.... Thanks for blogging Lisa. I need it more than you know. Love from home. Take care of each other

Trish Hull said...

Hi sweetie, tell Caden (and Connor) that his grandmas love him very very much and miss him. If I could find a cheap flight to Honduras I would be there in a heartbeat. Do you know if anyone is coming down soon. what would they or you like from Utah?? Also heard any news on the tax front? We have the new turbo tax. LOVE YOU!!!!!!and MISS YOU oodles and oodles.

Amy Edwards said...

Oh heavens. Those are all really heart breaking stories. I don't like it. I miss you.