Temple in the background

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pinterest Success and Pinterest Failure

Last week I taught the Young Women to make scarfs out of t-shirts(thank you pinterest). It was a big hit. The problem is now they think I am super crafty and want to know what else I can make...that would be pretty much nothing.

Thanks to the addicting nature of pinterest I sat around looking at all of the cute Valentine's Day ideas and then ran out of time to do any of them (I might just be too lazy). So my children got tupperware with scrapbook paper taped to the outside and a few treats inside. Hopefully they will still be able to live happy and productive lives even though their mother has failed in her attempt to be crafty. However, in all honesty, all they cared about was the candy.

Caden and I threw together these Valentines for him to take to school. I know, I know, I will not be crowned 'crafty mother of the year' any time soon. But I did find it slighty amusing when he came home and somebody else had literally done the exact same thing.
Connor is obsessed with 'Cars' lately. He wants to watch the movie every single day and walks around holding no less than 2 cars at a time. The boys like to wear these shirts every other day. Sometimes they are clean...The swimming pool drama continues. Every time we go the guard makes up new rules. Tom and I think that maybe he just likes to tell Americans that they can't do everything they want. A few days ago, he let us use our floating devices but he told Tom and I that we weren't allowed in the kiddie pool. Then yesterday I went swimming with my friend Nadia and he wouldn't let us use the floating devices. Maybe these strict guards should run for office. The rest of this country seems to operate by very few rules but this community swimming pool feels like living in Communist Russia (ok, slight exaggeration) We have fun at the pool anyway and are excited that summer is upon us down here.

4 comments:

Jana said...

I love pinterest also!! It's addicting! You are a great Mom!

Trish Hull said...

Well, just to make you feel bad... haha... we are supposed to get 6 inches of snow tomorrow. That pool looks so amazing...sigh... I am ready for warm weather.
Lisa never feel bad about the holiday stuff. Do you remmeber any of the crafty or fun stuff we did for holidays, like valentines day?? I bet not..( Of course I am not that crafty-it may be genetic) Your boys will just remember you did something and spent time with them. The only thing you remember is green milk and shoes in the oven. St Patty's day. Love you oodles I saw Mason & Maddox yesterday and they said hi as well. :)

Kandace said...

Lisa, What a cute group of Y.W. What a great time you must be having with them. Don't feel bad about the homemade valentines. Anyone can go out and buy them. The time and effort you put in to making them is priceless. We should all be doing more of that. Loved seeing the boys sitting together in the chair with their happy faces. It warms my heart and makes my day even better.Yeah for summer in Hondorus. We have alot of snow here. Enjoy! We love all of you and miss you all so much. Keep on blogging. I love it Love Kandace ( grandma Kandy)

Amy Edwards said...

The boys look SOOO different in their cars shirts! Holy cow they look like big kids!!