
I could definitely imagine a scenario where one might be at a public swimming pool wearing a very revealing swimsuit and be asked by someone of authority to wear something more appropriate in the future. My experience, however, was quite the opposite. I went to the pool in our compound with my friend Nadia and her kids. We were enjoying ourselves when the guard approached me and started speaking in Spanish. At first he told me that the name in his book for our house is different than what I told him. Then he continued to speak very rapidly and I had no clue what he was saying. Nadia started to laugh and said 'He is telling you that next time you need to wear a real swimsuit.' I told him that this was the style in America (although Utah Mormon culture might be more accurate) and he left. Now Tom gets to call management and have an interesting conversation about the definition of a swimsuit.

Tom turned the big 29 last Sunday. I decided it would be fun to take this picture every year and watch our kids outgrow him over time. He has clear objections to this premise.

Two weeks ago we decided to explore the city a little bit. We decided to go to one of the most prominent landmarks in Tegucigalpa, The Basilica. This is the main Catholic church for the city and it turns out....they have Mass on Saturday mornings. We thought it would be rude to take pictures during their worship service but we did go inside and listen for a bit. It had beautiful stain glass windows and amazing architecture but I will probably never get to enjoy it if my children are present.

The temple was supposed to be built very close to the Basilica but the Catholic Church fought it so it was moved to a different location.

Two days before Tom's birthday I started to get a cold. I had several church obligations on those days and was unable to rest. The day of his birthday I was at church from 9 am until 3 pm. Needless to say, we did a horrible job celebrating his birthday. I did, however, manage to make an eclair cake so we took a picture of my one success. I would have cried if my birthday was as lame as his but he was kind and appreciative. Classic Tom. I am very grateful for all that he does for our family. Maybe we will have a birthday redo sometime soon...
4 comments:
Sorry I got Toms birthday so wrong. Really how old is Tom. No one is really 29 :). Are you feeling better? Love you guys oodles. Love the pics hate the murder capital stuff. Be safe. Mom
Tom is so easy going. I am sure the eclair cake was the best ever! Thanks for being so good to our son. We love you for it. I can't wait to hear about the swimsuit issue and how it was resolved. Loved the pictures of your three boys lined up for pictures. It will be fun to see them grow up and pass up their Dad. Thats alot of growing. Hugs and love to everyone.Keep taking good care of each other. love Kandace
HILARIOUS! I can't believe you got busted for being too modest. That is the oddest thing for them to get upset about. And I had forgotten all about you and your eclair cakes, that made me laugh. Stay safe.
Wow, it never crossed my mind that you could ever get busted by being TOO modest. Thanks for the good laugh. Happy late birthday Tom!
Post a Comment