Temple in the background

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Connor Coo Turns Two!

 He is SO excited for his birthday, can't you tell?
 He finally warms up a little after opening presents. 
 In lieu of a party (Mom and Dad are lazy) we went with our friends to Chiminike(a childrens museum).  Connor loves Hector and Elisa (or Cracker and Leesy as he calls them).
 Connor is terrified of anyone wearing a mask or costume if he can't see their face.  Halloween should be fun this year.
 My amazing friend Nadia was sick but she still came AND she took the time to entertain Connor with blocks.  If everybody could have a friend like Nadia, this world would be a much happier place.
Add caption
 What was Connor's favorite toy to play with?  The Barney cups.
 I am not sure why I love pictures of them sitting next to each other but they pretty much hate it.  Luckily out of the 20 pictures I took one turned out ok. 
 We had to play a quick game of Mario Kart on the Wii.  Connor loves it even though he is not actually playing.
 We picked up Dad and some pizza and then went to the swimming pool.
 It is so much warmer in the water but Connor prefers to play on the deck.
 Look at that stretch, he is definitely going to be a swimmer.
 Pinata time!  I don't think our neighbors thought we were weird when we went outside and hit a pinata with just two kids in their pajamas. Ok, one guy walked by and clearly thought there was something wrong with us. 
 It was actually very good exercise for Caden.  He was hitting that pinata SO hard.  I think it got Tom kind of excited for his son's future prospects as a baseball player.
 I will just answer the question that I know is in your head.  Yes, I will be opening a bakery when I get home and yes, these cakes will go fast. 
Cake, donuts, and ice cream.  This boy was in heaven!  Happy Birthday!

Side note story:  This story is just to illustrate the kind of luck I have had while in Honduras.  About 2 months ago, we were at the pool and a woman was leaving but she stopped to tell me that we had the same beach towel.  Well, it turns out she is American and lives in our neighborhood.  I have tried for 2 months to go on walks and hopefully run into her, but have never been successful until this past Monday.  We finally ran into them at the park.  It turns out she has a son the same age as Caden and the two of them had SO much fun together.  I have never seen him connect with another child the way he did with this little boy.  She also has a daughter that is a little younger than Connor.  The two of us have been living in the same neighborhood for nine months.  I know what you're thinking, maybe you could at least play a little bit these last few weeks before you leave?  This is where my luck comes in.  They are leaving this week to go back to the U.S. to visit and they return 2 days before I leave.  Caden was a little heart broken.  I guess I have learned that when you move to a new place you need to get out more and be more outgoing.

5 comments:

Trish Hull said...

Oh my.. well she could have tried to be a little more outgoing too. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONNOR!!!!
PS i want on eof those cakes for my birthday but put books on the corners or jewelry?? Much better than the cakes I do, maybe that's where you get it from :)

Kandace said...

Lisa, You give such fun parties. I live the banner on the wall. amazing MOMS do amazing things! I am impressed! Connor looks so big in the pictures. You left with a toddler and are returning with a big boy. Two big boys!!! It looks like Barney in an international dinosaur. Tom uesed to harass Hayley when she would watch Barney ( and that was just last year) Also Little Ceasars pizza. Wow all the nice things of America. Thanks for the blog. Another great one. We love you all, and are counting down the days Kandace

The Buttars Family said...

Little Caesers Pizza?! That is too funny! Hey I heard that you are officially coming back next month! That is so exciting! I bet you can't wait!

Audrey said...

I love the stretching picture!!!! I can't believe that Connor is 2, that's crazy. Give him a late birthday squeeze from the Bells. I can't wait until you come home!

Rachel said...

Are you gonna change the name of your blog to "heaths in magna" when you move back??? Hahahaha jk.... Happy happy birthday connor!