How to keep a restless 4-year-old entertained: give them chocolate chips, cereal, marshmallows, and beans and tell them to count them and put them in corresponding boxes. Pure magic! (for about 30 minutes anyway)
Connor's first fort! It stayed up for almost 5 minutes which is basically a miracle for this little guy.
Oh how we love pinatas! Our good friends had a birthday party and we had so much fun celebrating with them.
You can pretty much expect pinatas at all future Heath birthday parties.
I had to share a funny/embarrassing story. Last week we took the young women swimming at our pool. It was totally raining but they were good sports and got in anyway. This story is about the girl on the right. Her name is MariaJose. So there is a custom here in Honduras where they kiss on the cheek when they see someone they know and when they say goodbye. I sometimes forget to do it and am always afraid that I have offended someone but I usually wait for them to initiate it. Well, I was dropping MariaJose off after this activity and I was in the driver seat. I turned around to say goodbye and she came in for the kiss on the cheek (which I wasn't expecting). It was kind of an awkward angle so I tried to adjust....oh boy. Let's just say we came within centimeters of a full blown kiss on the lips. Luckily we didn't but it was still a very uncomfortable situation.
34 days until we are back on American soil! We are going to miss so many people here but are so excited to be back with our family and friends!
5 comments:
Yeah!!We are too..I can't wait to see and hug all of you. Pinatas at all birthdays sounds like fun.
Lisa-I can't wait to see you guys! Enjoy your last month.
So I guess you're not bringing the cheek kissing thing back to the states with you? Can't believe you're almost done, wish I was going to be in Houston when you are!
So cute! 34 days! Yay!
so happy birthday connor i was not able to skype today until after 10 and no one was answering I amSO SORRY love you oodles big boy!!!!
Post a Comment