Temple in the background

Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas in Utah

We had a pretty good Christmas . Ok, it was pretty amazing. There is something about being away from family and friends that makes it that much sweeter when you are back together. It turned into a whirlwind trip, but we enjoyed every minute of it. My little sister (on the left) waited for us to get back to bless her sweet twin boys. We were so excited to be there and I must say my favorite part of my trip was hanging out with my sisters and my mom (holding those little babies wasn't so bad either).


Santa was good to Caden. It was fun to wake up on Christmas morning with Grandma, Grandpa and Hayley. We had a lot of fun spending a lot of time with them and Tom and I really enjoyed getting some time away from our kids (does it make me a bad mom if I say that aloud?)


Connor was pretty happy with his loot as well (although it was all small enough to fit in a suitcase). Tom and I are enjoying having twice as many toys to clean up every day. Connor is in the 'dumping toys out of every container' stage and we all love it!
We made a lot of these towers with Grandpa Bill's wooden blocks. I wish that I could've brought a suitcase full of them because my boys loved them. Ok, lets be honest they loved knocking them down. Caden and Connor loved playing with all of their cousins and already miss them immensely.

We had to search out the snow. It figures that Utah would have an extremely warm and dry winter the one winter that I am not there. We had a nice little walk in the snow but were not too sad to come back to 80 degree weather.

When I first got back to Utah I thought Tom was going to have to carry me kicking and screaming back to Honduras. However, by the end of the trip I was ready to leave and when we arrived here I actually felt like we were home again. This past Sunday as we got to Sacrament meeting our Bishop was bearing his testimony. This is very surprising but I actually understood what he was saying and he was talking about how special this year is going to be because of the temple. I felt very grateful to be here and to be a part of something that is going to bless the lives of so many good and worthy people. So even though I miss my family and I miss the snow (ok, not really) I feel very blessed to be here in Honduras right now.

I also received my calling on Sunday (people have been telling me about it for weeks) but it is finally official. I am the assistant secretary in Young Womens. I didn't know they have those but I am guessing they wanted to give me something that didn't require me to speak. I am really excited...now I just have to figure out what everyone is saying.

4 comments:

Trish Hull said...

I miss you so much!!! It makes you a good Mom to need time away from kids I promise. I'm glad you finally got your calling, another one of us in Young Women's yeah!!
Give the boys BIG hugs. I love you all.

Audrey said...

Are you sure it isn't the assistant TO the secretary...(did you ever watch the office?) That is awesome, they are going to LOVE you!

Kandace said...

Lisa, I love your blog! It was fun to hear about your return to Hondorus. The young women in your ward are so lucky to have you. They love the young hip leaders. Of coarse your Mom is young and hip too! Maybe just a little more wisdom to add to the mix. We loved having you all home for the holidays. They were the best ever for us old folks here in our quiet home. It was the happiest noise we have had here in along time. I also miss talking politics with you. GO MITT!!!! Good results in New Hampshire Yeah! Keep on blogging Lisa, it makes my day to read it . Love you all oxoxox

Rachel said...

Assistant To the secretary.... Hahaha the secretary needs a secretary. Hahaha I miss you guys, Love all the funny stories about the boys