When we got to our apartment, Juan Carlos (the project manager that set everything up for us) told me that there was a little park right by our apartment. This was very good news. It turns out we may actually define the word 'park' differently in America. It is about 1/2 acre of land with a big statue in the middle. Now, I don't want to complain. I mean, at least it is a place for my kids to run around, right? Well, apparently this "park" is also a pretty good make-out spot. Luckily my children are easily distracted by ants, dirt, rocks, sticks, and puddles so we hopefully will not have to have the birds and the bees discussion any time soon, but it is still a bit uncomfortable.
Today we saw two people (possibly homeless) pulling copper wire out of electronics and then setting something on fire (we were far away by then so I am not sure what they burned but it did not smell good). There is a silver lining. This park has amazing view of this beautiful city. (I forgot to take my camera today but I will take pictures tomorrow) While admiring the city one can see a Chilis, Wendy's, Burger King, Pizza Hut, and McDonalds. Ah the comforts of home. We will be visiting these establishments in the near future, mark my word!
Friday, September 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love to hear all of your experiences! You guys are amazing for your willingness to move. Miss you already! Good luck
Was the statue in the "park" of la Santa Maria? That is too funny!
Post a Comment