Temple in the background

Thursday, June 18, 2009

A few recent events...

Have you ever had one of those moments when you stop and seriously ask yourself aloud "What the heck am I doing?!" That was me at mile 11. My hands were shaking, my body wanted to give out and all I could think was "Why on earth did I pay 50 bucks to run 13 miles?!" Despite my self-doubt I finished in a pathetic 2 hours 22 minutes. I blame it on the girl in the picture, somehow I let her convince me to do all kinds of things. Just kidding. It was actually kind of fun (minus the pain).


It was the Bear Lake half marathon and I actually ran into Lindsey Martin on the bus ride over, it was fun to catch up with her.

My baby sister got married. She is seriously gorgeous! We all got to stay at the Homestead for a weekend. The girls shopped, the boys golfed... what more could you ask for? Oh, and they had the most delicious chocolate fountain ever! I wonder if I could install one of those in my kitchen?

Caden learned a new trick. He winks. It is seriously so cute. However, I am a little concerned. He knows that when he does this it makes people laugh and he will do it over and over again just to get that reaction. I am afraid that I have a future class clown on my hands or do all toddlers enjoy getting laughs?


6 comments:

Krystal said...

is that Rachel? Oh my goodness... I hardly recognize her... she's all grown up!! Looks like you've been having fun this summer. I love Caden's wink. Too cute!

Jana said...

Lisa! Way to go on the running!! Seriously amazing! I don't know if I'll ever make it to a half marathon, a 10K is long enough! That is great! I really hope to see you soon, I feel like it has been so long!

Randi said...

Way to go Lisa!!! That's awesome you did a half marathon! I could never do that because of my knees, but I've always wanted too. That's so cool you completed one. How long did you have to train for it?

Oh, and holy cow! I can't believe how old Caden is looking now. Where did you baby go? :) I love the wink!

Andrea said...

That's awesome Lisa. I am so impressed! I can't wait to get out running regularly again. I just need one of those double strollers . . .and some more sleep.

Inside Out said...

Lisa, look at you woman. Good job on the half marathon, I hope no spandex runners made you feel intimidated. Rachel looks gorgeous, and so do you. Caden is such a doll.

Evans Family said...

You ran a half marathon? Way to go!!! That is so cool. Caden's winking is so cute...