Here is the cliche 'rapidly shoving cake into my face before mom takes it away-no way am I allowed to eat anything this good' picture. I think the only reason you have a birthday party for a one year old is so you can have this picture (although the presents are nice also).
Monday, March 23, 2009
Where has my baby gone?
Well, I am kind of hesitant to announce that my baby is no longer a baby. It is quite sad. Last week Caden turned one... we are starting to pick out colleges today. Alright he is still kind of a baby.
So I have to be honest...I really thought I could decorate a cake. I mean how hard can it be? We did a sports theme so I could easily make some sort of ball and of course it would be adorable. Turns out...they have cake decorating classes for a reason. My niece (who has no brothers and very little experience with sports) said, "thats a cool basketball Lisa!" No comment. It's harder than it looks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Caden! Wow, I can't believe he's one already. Now is when the fun really starts. I don't know what it is, but the time between one and 18 months is some of my favorite times. The truly develop this personality and sense of curiousity that is so much fun. It's also so much fun to see how fast they learn things and try new stuff.
Lisa, I think your tennis ball cake looks fabulous. You should be teaching cake decorating classes. J/k the cake is super cute. Happy Birthday Caden!!
I can't believe he's one already! And walking too! You're cake turned out way better than mine btw. I couldn't even get mine out of the pan. It was a disaster. My mom skills are on the low side.
I actually was just considering making a cake for EmmaLee. She asked for a Princess cake, I don't know how I'm going to pull off that one! I think yours looks great! Maybe you have a few pointers? It is so amazing that Caden is already one! Happy Birthday!! What a cutie!
Post a Comment