Temple in the background

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Home for Christmas?

I love spending time with family during the holidays but I have to say, sometimes I feel like I have run a marathon by the time it is all over! (Not that I ever have run a marathon but the way I imagine it feeling...you get the idea) There are so many wonderful things about having both sides of our family here in the valley (babysitters, babysitters and more babysitters!) but it gets a little bit ridiculous when you try to attend all of the Christmas festivities. However, I still love it and enjoyed it even more this year with Caden. I do have a confession, however, I did purchase toys that I believed would be fun for Caden as well as for myself... I know, I'm a terrible mother but I am so dang sick of his old toys! Here are a few pics from our Christmas... most of which did not occur in our home.


This is mom showing Caden how cool his new toys are... naturally he only wanted to play with the old ones.

This is Christmas eve with my side of the family. When we were growing up my mom always bought us matching pajamas, but I guess she decided to allow her grandchildren to be individuals... it definitely doesn't make for cute matchy matchy pictures. Oh well, these kids are cute enough!


Tom's family always has a sleepover on Christmas eve eve where they stay up all night playing games. This is us the next morning on our way to his extended family breakfast... the smiles are fake, we were so dang tired! I love Caden's Christmas outfit (Tom will kill me for using that word...apparently boys don't wear outfits)-he looks so handsome.


This is Caden on Christmas eve eve with his new SpongeBob SquarePants pajamas. I think bright yellow is totally his color!



6 comments:

audrey said...

You ran a half marathon remember so did Tom and what... oh that's right I beat him;)

Trish Hull said...

Yeah Christmas is starting to be more fun for me now that you guys are doing all the kid stuff. Caden is adorable and every color is his color. Sorry about matching pj's but sizes aren't working out so well plus I didn't think Tom would approve of Princess pj's for Caden

Jana said...

Why did I not know that you had a blog? Lisa, you gotta let me know these things! I hope it's okay that I got your site off of Allison's! You guys are super cute! We missed you last night!

Wendy said...

Two words: Play Date. Or is it one?

Amy said...

YEA!! I found your blog, you know after you told me the exact address. It was good to see you today.

Evans Family said...

So glad you found my blog. Caden is so cute! It sounds like you guys are doing well.