Temple in the background

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ward Christmas Party

I, like many of you, am a big fan of Ward Christmas parties. You pick a small committee, have them put in dozens of hours of work, invite the entire neighborhood for a two hour gathering that always starts late, includes not-so-hot food, and the ever important visit from Santa Clause. What's not to love? So last year, Tom and I were asked to decorate the Santa area. We enlisted his very talented mother who pretty much threw it all together. It was a hit. So this year they asked us to be in charge of ALL of the decorations. We spent the entire day last saturday decorating. Everyone came up to me and said, "if you do this good of a job, you know you're going to have to keep doing it." Blah! I feel like the only way to get out of this is to move out of the ward... any other ideas?
Since our decorations were all torn down in a matter of minutes, this is the only picture we were able to get. However, Caden did actually sit on Santa's lap so hopefully I will get that picture soon. Sorry to vent... I am not complaining, just inquiring.

No comments: