Temple in the background

Sunday, December 11, 2011

The boy who lost Christmas

This is what Connor used to look like. His long, blondish hair was starting to curl and cover his ears. Tom decided to cut it...

And now he looks all grown up. I don't know why a haircut makes him seem so much older but I feel like my baby disappeared. He has also started hitting and throwing tantrums which makes him seem like a toddler (although he looks pretty darn cute in this picture).

Because I take Christmas away from Caden approximately 12 times a day I decided to make a chart to help him visualize what he might lose. I originally told him that kids who don't behave get a lump of coal, but he seemed to be ok with that alternative so now kids don't get anything if they misbehave.
The mall has bumper boats. He was all alone in the little pool going very slow and yet he still had the time of his life. Sometimes I wish I could be so content with the simple things in life.

I sent Caden to change his clothes and he came back looking like this. His own sense of style or the child of two fashion-challenged parents? You be the judge.

By the way, this time next week I will be back in Utah! I am so very excited!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

As naughty as caden has been lately according to your chart, I think its even funnier that the threat of coal for christmas has no bearing on him, he's probably like oh cool! Also the pic with him with his hands in the air on that ride is so funny, I think it would be hard to be mad when he is that funny

Kandace said...

I hope Caden never loses the Spirit of Christmas. That would be so sad. Just remember when he his acting out, that he is only three years old and still learning the ways of life. You've got two beautiful boys that Heavenly Father sent you both to raise. You are so blessed,and so are we to be their Grandparents.We can't wait to see you all. Love you

Audrey said...

I love this post...the pics are adorable and you are sooo funny. I take Christmas away everyday too. Can't wait to see you guys!

Kandace said...

p.s. I love Cadens outfit. It looks like what all the kids in Utah are wearing these days.Connor looks 5 years older with his new haircut. Have a great day Love Grandma Kandy

Trish Hull said...

LOL!!!!He obviously needs uncle trevor and devon to give him fashion advice. you got that take away christmas from me I am sure. I threatened that alot as Mom. Christmas is the hardest time to try and get kids to behave. I really hate to use "Santa is watching" because that gives Santa some kind of God like Omniscience. We all just suffer through and grandmas sigh and are grateful they don't have to deal with toddlers, kids and teens anymore. :) I can't wait to see you Love you loads and loads!!!