Temple in the background

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Farewell Honduras!

Our last week in Honduras did not go exactly as I planned but it was a wonderful week.  I had hoped to spend our last week playing with our friends and going to all of the places we loved one last time.  Unfortunately, I got strep throat so we spent half of the week sick and miserable and the other half stressed out trying to get everything done.  The Friday before we came home some of the members of our ward threw us a party.  It was so nice to spend some time with these wonderful families before we left.  The next day we went swimming and had dinner with the Flores family.  We are going to miss them so much.  They have been such good friends to us and we hope they will come visit Utah someday.

 

 Caden and Connor ask about Hector and Elisa everyday.  They all became such good friends. 
 The night before we left the Young Women and their leaders came over and made us one final Honduran meal.  I did not always understand everything these girls said to me but I can tell you that they are all amazing and I am excited to see how their lives play out. (thank you facebook)


 We had to say goodbye to Cristina, Obed, Daniel, and Meredith.  We have so many memories with this family and hope to see them in Utah someday as well.
 About a month before we came home somebody introduced us to these plants.  When you touch them the leaves close up.  We spent many hours playing with these plants and they are missed.
 Our friends came to see us off at the airport.  Connor lost that special blanket in the Houston airport and our lives have not been the same since.  Goodbye Hector and Elisa!
 Goodbye Jose Daniel!
This was a hard goodbye.  I already miss my friend so much.

We had a five hour layover in Houston which was pretty rough.  The boys were both really good on the airplanes but that layover was not very pleasant.  We finally made it to Utah at 11:20 pm.  I wish I would have gotten our arrival on video.  Caden and Connor were running at full speed until they saw our family and then they both stopped dead in their tracks. Connor would not move.  Caden warmed up pretty fast but he started doing this weird nervous laugh that I have never heard before. Connor would not look at anyone.  It was quite the homecoming.  I, of course, was elated and wish that I would've taken pictures.  We love being back in Utah but still miss Honduras.  Perhaps someday we will go back...

2 comments:

Janie Mann said...

Lisa do you have the same cell phone number?! I can't wait to see you!

Candice J said...

Excited you're back. I'm excited for Conner and Perrin to meet again.